We are open for business!
We are excited to have re-opened and have started welcoming some guests back to stay in our hostel. All the staff at YMCA Bath Hostel have always prioritised the guest experience in terms of welcoming, comfort and cleanliness. In light of the COVID-19 we have a duty of care to our guests, customers and staff to ensure safety, transparency and flexibility in these uncertain times.
We have put in place health and safety measures and appropriate adjustments, in line with Government guidance as it emerges and changes.
Some of our new ways of doing things include:
- We have constantly updated our cleaning processes, and worked with cleaning material that are Covid-19 compliant.
- We have built on our existing stringent cleaning regimes to ensure all public areas are cleaned more frequently.
- There is hand sanitiser on each floor and at the entrance.
- One-way systems are in place where feasible.
- We have removed items and created more clean space where appropriate
- Floor stickers are in place to remind of social distancing.
- We like to provide a friendly welcome, although we now have a ‘sneeze screen’ across our reception, the welcome is still friendly.
- Our breakfast service is now delivered in breakfast boxes.
- Our garden benches are at an appropriate distance and we ask they are not moved.
- Time slots for showers need to be booked by guests on arrival. Showers will be cleaned after each use.
- Cleaning products are available for guests to use if they wish.
- Face masks are available to purchase at £1.00 if required.
The way in which the hostel operates will look a little different for a number of months. For example, to meet the requirements for social distancing, we may only be able to offer certain room types that can accommodate physical separation.
We are delighted to be open again and look forward to welcoming guests back whilst continuing to ensure we have a safe environment. Please talk to us if we can reassure you in any way.
Health & Wellbeing
We are open!
We have been working really hard to ensure we can re-open our Health & Wellbeing centre for everyone to be able to come and exercise safely. All of our facilities have gone through a deep cleaning process and will be cleaned throughout the day by the fitness team to make sure we do our best to control any risks.
The gym and classes will be operating with reduced capacity to enable you all space to exercise safely. Please do not attend the gym if you are experiencing any Covid19 symptoms, including coughing or a high temperature.
We are keen to keep the gym you know as normal as possible. But you will find some things a little different to enable us to keep everyone as safe as possible, These include……
All air conditioning and fans will be turned off in-line with government guidance. We will have all the gym/fitness studio windows open and run our fresh air ducting system instead.
You may find the music in the gym and your fitness class is quieter. This is to help you and the trainers speak more quietly and limit any infection risk.
When you enter the gym you’ll be asked for your name and phone number as part of the government “track n trace” program. These details will only be held for 21 days in-line with government guidance.
We will be asking you to limit your workout time to no more than 1 hour. Our water fountains will also be switched off for the time being. You will need to either bring your own water, or purchase a bottle of water from our reception.
How to use our gym safely:
7am until 9pm Monday to Friday
8am until 6pm Saturday and Sundays
- There is no need to book for your gym training session. If the gym is at capacity when you arrive you’ll be asked the wait upstairs outside.
- Upon entering the gym please use the hand sanitizer and collect your personal spray bottle. You will need to keep this with you until you leave, using it to spray and wipe equipment before and after use.
- If possible arrive and leave in your fitness kit. The changing rooms are open. But we are encouraging people to only use these if absolutely necessary, and will have a limit of 4 people at any one time. We will not be loaning towels out for the time being.
- It is not currently compulsory to wear a face mask. However you are welcome to wear one around the gym if you wish. Please remove it when doing strenuous CV exercise though. Please refrain from wearing gloves as this has been linked to spreading the virus.
- Some machines will be roped off for social distancing. Where machines are not, we kindly ask you to not use any machine directly next to one already in use. To ensure safe social exercise distancing.
- The functional and free weights areas will have floor markings to show you where you can exercise safely. The boxing gloves and suspension straps will not be in use for the time being.
- The fitness team will be on hand to help you with any concerns or training advice you have. Assessments will not be taking place at 1st, but we will still be offering personal training.
- The team will also be ensuring high levels of hygiene are maintained at all times, with increased cleaning and sanitization of contact areas.
How to use our fitness classes safely:
- The studio has now been marked out with exercise safe training spaces. Each participant will have their own safe training zone. We have also spaced our classes at least 30 minutes apart to enable cleaning and air filtration.
- You will need to pre-book for your fitness class as we have now limited our class size to 14 people.
- Please don’t arrive more than 15 minutes before your class and use the hand sanitizer upon entering the gym. You will then be asked to go directly into the studio and find a free training space.
- If possible arrive and leave in your fitness kit. The changing rooms are open. But we are encouraging people to only use these if absolutely necessary, and will have a limit of 4 people at any one time. Only lockers using padlocks will be in use, and we are not able to loan towels out for the time being.
- As you enter the studio you will need to pick up your own spray bottle which you will need to use to spray and wipe the equipment before and after use. You will need to bring your own Yoga mat please as these are very difficult to clean effectively. We will have some for sale at reception if needed.
- It is not currently compulsory to wear a face mask. However you are welcome to wear one if you wish. Please remove it when doing strenuous CV exercise though. Please refrain from wearing gloves as this has been linked to spreading the virus.
- At the end of your class the instructor will ask you to clean down your equipment and return it. You will not need to move our spin bikes. But please ensure you clean the bike and floor around you thoroughly at the end of the class.
- We kindly ask all class participants to leave the gym and studio once the class has finished to avoid overcrowding and allow for the fitness team to prepare for the next class.
Thank you for your patience and support in helping us to open safely. All procedures will be reviewed regularly and updated as needed.
We are committed to ensuring a safe, friendly exercise environment for everyone.